Contributors

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby Bump Series: Week 34 & 35

We're down to the home stretch. Hard to believe that about 4 weeks from now, we will be holding our baby boy.

Material/supply wise; we are prepared. The house is ready, the baby room is ready. All clothes, blankets, etc have been washed and folded and given a home.

Mentally, Nick is ready. I am ready for the 'after hospital' experience. It is the laboring and delivery that I can't seem to get passed at the moment. It's the fear of the unknown, I guess, of the labor. I'd really like to go without an epidural. I'm well aware that I may change my mind, but at the moment, my fear of the needle in my back is greater than my fear of the laboring pain.

Over the past week, week 35, I've been experiencing an increased sensation of pelvic pressure. My hips are sore. My thighs are sore. I've also been having an increased amount of Braxton Hicks contractions. Once I find a comfortable position in bed with my body pillow, sleep is pretty good. Rolling from side to side can cause some discomfort. I can tell that baby Hinman has very little room to move around at this point.

This Monday starts our first of the weekly OB appointments.


1 comment:

  1. You don't even feel the needle! an epidural is amazing! :) Good Luck with everything. Can't wait to see baby Hinman!
    -Cayla

    ReplyDelete