Contributors

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Baby Bump Series: Week 31, 32 & 33




The past three weeks have been rather busy... as you can see I'm a week behind on my blog posts.

Here's what we've been up to:
-Started and completed our 3 week course of birthing classes
-Took a trip to the Poconos to visit some family one last time before baby arrives
-Washing, folding, and re-organizing baby clothes, drawers and the closet
-A girl's weekend with some friends that ultimately led to my surprise baby shower :-) --pics to come

I'd like to say that I still feel rather energetic. Some days are more easily tiring than others, but we all experience that regardless of pregnancy.

This past Thursday, I had two meetings in center city, so I took the train out and spent the whole day there, doing some walking around and met my sister for lunch. By the time I got home I felt like I had walked a marathon and my ankles were a little puffy.

Baby Hinman continues to be quite active, although some of his acrobatics have slowed down. He must be running out of room. It's funny, sometimes I try to get him to move if he's been still for a while. I try to bounce him or nudge him, yet he doesn't respond as well as he does to Nick. All Nick has to do is simply place his hand on my belly and say baby's name and there is immediate response.

*My most recent tactic to get him to move: while relaxing on the couch I'll place my cold bowl of ice cream on my belly (now used as a lap tray)= instant movement.

2 comments:

  1. You are all belly! Can't wait to meet him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the baby gift I am sending with your mom today....sorry it is such a boring gift.....your mother made me get it! (-: Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete