Contributors

Friday, May 13, 2011

Baby Bump Series: Week 12 & 13

Time is beginning to fly....oh wait, it's been flying ever since I graduated high school; who am I kidding?

Here, you will find the last two weeks of baby bumps.

Week 12:
Nick and I attended my third doctors appointment.

He beat me to the office, as he was driving there on his way home from work that morning. When I got there, he was patiently waiting by himself in the waiting room. I sat down. He leaned over to me and said, "When I first got here, I thought they might have already called you back. So, I went up to the window and asked for 'Melissa Scheer'; I realized it was a mistake. I've never had to refer to you with your new last name before. It was really weird."

This time we met with one of the Obstetricians, instead of our already favorite nurse practitioner. The OB was very nice. Another "meet and greet" appointment that has pretty much gone just like the last two.

-Greet each other, ask some questions, get some answers, listen to baby's heart beat (159 this time), and schedule an appointment in another 4 weeks.

After the OB had dismissed herself from the room, and I put on my shoes, I looked over to Nick and he had one of these weird grins on his face (the kind where you don't show your teeth). I asked, "What is your deal? You're freaking me out."  He replied, "Oh nothing, I'm just content."  -- How sweet!


Week 13:
Not much to report. I did spend a lot of time out side this past week, attempting to turn my thumb green, but will save that for another post.


On a side note, I am sad to say that I popped a button off one of my dress pants last week (the day of  my doctors appointment). I have since purchased a Belly Band,or BeBand from target, that helps hold up current pants you can no longer button, so you can wear them a little longer before stepping into maturity clothes. I haven't had to try it out yet, because I spend most of my day in scrubs at work, and come home and put on stretchy gym pants.

4 comments:

  1. Nick IS sweet. I am happy for you both sharing this joyful time of pregnancy. It does need to be shared even though Melissa is the pregnant one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby bump is growing! I can really see a difference in the week 13 picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup - that bump is finally undeniable:) Thank heavens for scrubs, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooopppsss Mom2 not paying attention - it's me:)

    ReplyDelete