Contributors

Monday, March 21, 2011

Already Making Progress

Two days after our positive home test was our first doctors appointment (3/4/11). An initial health history was obtained and another urine pregnancy test was performed. The nurse practitioner stated..."yup, you're pregnant, but must be newly pregnant, because it was faintly positive."

...I swear I knew I was pregnant for almost 2 weeks before our home test was positive. Either I'm more in tune with my body than I thought I was, or I'm profoundly paranoid....

After the appointment was completed, I was sent to the lab to complete the initial set of blood tests. As we were leaving the office, Nick said, "ok, it's real now"...because he heard the 'diagnosis' from someone else.

HCG levels were 207 from that day's blood work.
Today I got a phone call from my OB; my second HCG level drawn last Wednesday was "well above 29,000."
Our first ultrasound is scheduled for this Friday! yay!

Due date November 16th...until proven otherwise by ultrasound.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you both. I will love seeing how you start decorating the house for the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear and love the big jump of your HCG levels. Yeay - that's my grandbaby #1 already excelling - no pressure - just being a proud Lola!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to know if you're having a boy or a girl!!

    ReplyDelete