Contributors

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Baby Bump Series: Week 8 & 9

Last Wednesday, was our second appointment at the OB office. We met with the same nurse practitioner as the first appointment. It felt like a mini-social get-together.

"Hi, how are you feeling?"....."good good."
"You're making great progress, do you have any questions?"......"no not yet; it's still sinking in."
"We'll see you back in four weeks, keep up the good work."

Of course there was a little more than that at the appointment. Nick and I were asked if we wanted her to try and find the heart beat. Obviously our answer was, "YES."

She cautioned us, "Now don't be disappointed if we don't hear anything, because you are still very early."

She left the room and came back with the fetal Doppler. When I first saw it, I immediately was reminded of the fisher price recorder my sister and I used to play with as kids. I laughed inside.




Notice the similarities :-)

With in seconds, the Doppler picked up a very distinct heart beat. It calculated the rate at 174. It was so neat to hear, but...In the words of myself when I lost my first tooth..."I feel like I'm dreaming."





1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see your face, too, excited momma! Possible full-body shot next time?? =)

    ReplyDelete