Contributors

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Going "Green", Going "Real"

Last weekend, was the weekend. With some family here, Nick and I decided it was time to go get our Christmas tree; and just when I think I know everything about Nick, I keep learning more. Nick has never had a real tree for Christmas (sometimes Nick doesn't have a good memory, so if he's wrong, feel free to call him out)

The entire time we've been together, we've always had a fake tree; with renting at first, then having a new dog, a fake tree was more ideal for the safety of our pets. This year, I put my foot down. With the exception of the past 7 years living on my own, my family and I have always had a real tree. I think its the excitement of going to the tree farm, walking around the field of trees, finding the perfect tree to fit our house, cutting it down, and making it OUR Christmas tree that year; that gives me the feeling of Christmas uniqueness.


Absolutely no offense to those who have "fake-ies," for as much as they can be absolutely beautiful, it's just not the same to me. I love to walk into the house and smell the fresh scent of pine, to water the tree and try to prevent as many pine needles as possible from falling off; it's like a game to me; and making a non perfect, non symmetrical, charlie brown tree.....well....PERFECT.

Scheer tradition continued:
 Find a tree you want; put a glove on top of it so no one else can claim it, while you go tell the sellers you've picked one out.




Blue Spruces are my favorite

Insta-tree!



Brasky is so ready to open his presents!

1 comment:

  1. You're right, his memory has failed him. In his defense, he was just a baby when we started feeling sorry for the little trees, get used for 2 weeks then discarded at the curbside after.
    Actually, our first real live tree (roots and all)was actually planted in the front yard of our house on Strites Rd. We'll tell you a funny Christmas tree story when we see you.
    Your tree looks perfect. Can't wait to see it:)

    ReplyDelete