Contributors

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baby Bump Series: Week 27 & 28

Baby Hinman is getting stronger. Still kicking my right hip and lower ribs; sometimes taking my breath away for a split second. Last week (week 27), for a couple days straight, I experienced what felt like a side stitch (the feeling of sore cramping in the lower side of the abdomen like you ran a little too soon after eating).

The Nurse Practitioner had told me that he's pressing on one of the uterine muscles. She stated, "I wish I could tell you it's going to get better..." Ha ha. I'm just ready to roll with the punches.

I have to keep a strong frame of mind because the plan is NOT to get an epidural.


Had my glucose screening last week. Long story short, I failed it; but I passed the 3 hour glucose tolerance with flying colors. No gestational diabetes here :-)

Last weekend, while Nick was away to OC, MD for his best friend's bachelor party, I attended the bridal shower. What a beautiful day to be outside. Great decorations, great food, good conversations, and a very happy bride to be :-)

Week 28; a transition into the final trimester. It feels like it's going to go by slow, yet quick at the same time. My OB appointments are now every 2 weeks until I hit 36 weeks, then it will be every week. With every day that passes, I feel more confident with what is yet to come, the birth of my child.

It makes me even more excited when I see nick's face light up when he looks at me. The other day he said to me with a huge glowing smile, "You are so beautiful. I love your baby belly. I love seeing it get bigger because I know my boy is growing."-- just when I start to feel "BIG", he makes it disappear.



Next week we begin birthing classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment