Contributors

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gone are the Days

I don't know why I continue to hope the weathermen are correct when they are predicting tons of snow. I think to myself, "Yes! Bring it! Bring it all!" When it finally arrives, I get the snow day I wanted, a day off from work, only to be up and outside shoveling for hours, then sleeping the rest of the day to relax the over worked muscles.

Whatever happened to the days when school was cancelled, and we got to sleep in and not worry whether or not the roads or driveways were cleared? The days we had no where to go, except to the living room to play the Atari, Nintendo, or Super Nintendo; maybe hit up the yard to go sledding a couple of times, and return to the TV or video games.....when our parents still went to work and we had the house to ourselves?

For some reason, I still have hope that maybe "this time" it will be that way again.

Gone are the days.

Our last snow storm brought lots of heavy snow.

The snow blower decided not to start that day.

Nick, wishing he was done already.

The snow does look beautiful in the morning, when the roads and driveways are untouched. For a second, it's peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment