Contributors

Friday, October 29, 2010

"Textbook" Marriage


On September 5, 2010, Nick and I joined our lives and officially became Mr. and Mrs. I feel like the majority of those that know us were probably thinking..."it's about time!" After four  years of dating, Nick "popped the question" and two years later, we were married. We've been living the married life for the past 6 years; nothing seemed like it would change with the exception of the rings on the fingers....

But it has all changed. Since the wedding, Nick and I have been living in separate households, living separate lives. With a distance of 200 miles, a few short phone calls a week, and actually seeing each other in person once every 1-2 weeks, it's a little stressful not having the "textbook" marriage.

Everything happens for a reason (my life's motto), helps me to remember why we are at where we are. We are purchasing a new home in the 'burbs of Philly, starting new careers, and starting a brand new chapter in our life together. The light IS at the end of the tunnel. So I have to keep my head held high, smile, and live for the moment, and those moments to come, because when they get here, it will be such a sweet surrender.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! Months from now, when you're comfy in your new house, this time will be a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete